What are the Probabilities of Each Roulette Bets?

To become an accomplished and smart roulette player, you need to know and understand the probabilities of each given number or group of numbers in the game of roulette. Calculating the probabilities of roulette is very easy and you need to put them always in your mind every time you play roulette because it can help you make the right decision in placing your bets.

There are 38 possible slots in the American Roulette that the ball can fall into. If you are placing your bet on a single number, the chance of winning in roulette is 1/38 or you can win once for every 38 spins made. The following are the probabilities of the various bets for the game of roulette.

Red - The payout is 1:1 with the outcome probability of 46.37% Black - The payout is 1:1 with the outcome probability of 46.37% Even - The payout is 1:1 with the outcome probability of 46.37% Odd - The payout is 1:1 with the outcome probability of 46.37% One to 18 - The payout is 1:1 with the outcome probability of 46.37% 19 to 36 - The payout is 1:1 with the outcome probability of 46.37% One to 12 - The payout is 2:1 with the outcome probability of 31.58% 13 to 24 - The payout is 2:1 with the outcome probability of 31.58% 25 to 36 - The payout is 2:1 with the outcome probability of 31.58% Any one number - The payout is 35:1 with the outcome probability of 2.63% Two number combination - The payout is 17:1 with the outcome probability of 5.26% Three number combination - The payout is 11:1 with the outcome probability of 7.89% Four number combination - The payout is 8:1 with the outcome probability of 10.53% Six number combination - The payout is 5:1 with the outcome probability of 15.79% Zero, double zero, one, two, three combination - The payout is 6:1 with the outcome probability of 13.16%

It is very obvious that the payout for any single number bet in roulette is 35:1 but the chance of winning is very thin. Plus, the house edge for this roulette bet is 5.26%, which is kind of high. The roulette bets that have the highest outcome probability are those that have an even money payout. The payout may be small but your chance of winning in roulette is good.

These probabilities listed above are for the American Roulette only. With regards to the European Roulette that don't have the double zero slot, the situation is more advantageous to the roulette player's side.

Keep these numbers in mind as you play roulette and you will soon realize how useful they are in making the right betting decisions.

 

polls

Favorite Gambling Game: